Pinnacle Career Institute believes that everyone has the capacity and stamina to better themselves, and this all starts with motivation. The keys to staying motivated are to set goals and commit to them, hold yourself accountable, and realize that any goal worth working towards will not be easy to achieve. No real work, knowledge, or personal growth will occur with easy goals.
Here are some quick tips on how to stay motivated and follow through with your goals:
- Picture what will happen if you do not follow through on your plan and take action towards your goals each day. Make this picture real and vivid and use it as motivation to reinforce the negative effect of inaction each day.
- Tell all your friends, family, teachers or peers your plan and how you are going to accomplish it. It can be easy while taking online courses to slack or procrastinate on your assignments. Force yourself to follow through and ask them to hold you to that plan. Accountability is key!
- Track your progress and acknowledge every achievement. Make your own “goal board” and fill in the progress each time you reach a milestone. Keep in mind the reason why you want to better yourself.
- Understand that your goals are more important than you think. Do not let every obstacle along the way stop you from success. Instead of thinking “I will never finish now”, think “how will I work around this to keep moving forward?”. There is always a way if you are willing to find it.
- Never put off accomplishing a goal tomorrow if you can get it done today. Don't procrastinate due dates, projects, communication or taking a proactive approach to reaching your goals. Goals do not accomplish themselves, you do!
We believe education has the power to change our lives, our community, and our future.
Address: 11500 N Ambassador Dr Suite 221, Kansas City, MO 64153
Phone Number: (800) 676-7912