Your resume is one of the most important documents you will ever create and will likely determine whether or not you are selected for an interview. First impressions count! Employers want to know within seconds of reading your resume why they should hire you, how you're qualified for the position and what differentiates you from other applicants.
1. Choose the correct format (Functional, Chronological, Combination)
2. Include all contact information
3. Use a classic font like Times New Roman, Helvetica or Arial
4. Tailor your resume for each position you apply for
5. Keep your resume concise and streamlined by using bullets and clear headings
6. Utilize keywords from job description in your resume
7. Prioritize your resume content by placing most relevant information first
8. Focus on accomplishments, accolades, and praises; quantify when appropriate
9. Proofread, proofread, proofread!
There are several sample resumes below. Please download ones that you feel would be appropriate to see ideas for how to write your own resume. When complete, email to your Career Services Coordinator for review.
The Career Services Team at Pinnacle Career Institute has a wealth of knowledge and resources for you to succeed in your job search. We don't guarantee employment, but we are prepared to help you every step of the way!
We believe education has the power to change our lives, our community, and our future.